30.6.10

Sunset seagulls tank...and a skirt

I kept passing over this fabric at Joann's, picking it up, putting it back, each visit. Loving the color of this knit but feeling unsure about those birds. Readers, I don't ever wear animal portraits or shadow portraits, that stuff is for kids right? Yea! Until now? Oh, and this is M5853...again. I didn't want to wait on this fabric sitting around waiting to get sewed, it was now or way too late!





Inspiration: PAPER BAG WAIST DRESS, MINK PINK, PINK SALOON




Everything is completely serged, except for the twisted streamer & relaxed pleat, which were machine stitched. Each was made of 4 inch wide strips, serged closed and either twisted or pleated. Easy. The streamer was sewn into the shoulder seams & the pleat is machine tacked.




The skirt: stretch linen, pleated with pockets!!
Description: 2451 Misses' Skirts, each in two lengths. Easy to Sew Collection.

Unlined, serged, invisible zipper. Comfortable. Let's call it a wearable muslin...I may do this one again.


Whatcha think?

13 comments:

  1. This looks great! I´m going to have to go and get that pattern. Thanks for putting up such good pics of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I feel like I need a new camera. Things are getting fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! The birds look good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great. The birds are so subtle, it works nicely and I love the base color with the white. Great outfit! I'll have to check out the tank top pattern. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very classy! Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking outfit! I need to get the pattern for the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit. The tank is chic and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool outfit! I'm glad you did not pass up that print - what you've done is very sophisticated, and the color is superb. You tried something new and it paid off big time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I would love if you posted a blog on how you did the streamer around the neckline. Very nice look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, that's a great idea I have been thinging about for a while. I'd like to do a video post but my tech savvyness hasn't caught up with my imagination yet so I'll probably just do a pic-by-pic of the process when I can find more cute fabric! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails