5.5.10

Crew 4 Less

I love J. Crew. I am a J. Crew Aficionada. The style, the material, the smell of the store (don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about), it's beautiful. But what I love even more is a J. Crew sale, because I don't always have J. Crew money to get the J. Crew look. So after flipping through last month's (April 2010) J. Crew catalog, I charged myself to create a similar J. Crew look for at least half the cost. The solution: New York & Company.

Many people have been sleeping on this clothing retailer, however a closer look at their line will reveal very fashionable items that may lack the attention to styling that J. Crew has-a diamond in the rough. I chose this look from J. Crew to "crew 4 less" because it has a classic J. Crew style, layers and unexpected accessories. The look also has simple pieces, layered together with items that can be found at other retailers.





At New York & Company, I pulled a few items that closely resemble this classic J. Crew layering look. Here I quoted the online prices, however New York & Company is having a wonderful sale as well with many of the items an additional 30%-50% off.

In the end J. Crew's $822.50 outfit is modestly replicated at New York & Company for a mere $117.30. What a deal! This is something anyone can do by pulling inspiration from a styled outfit from your favorite store and purchasing items within your budget from quality retailers. Great style for a better price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails