3.5.10

B5316, Alumni dress details, Chetta B


Pattern Description: Lined, fitted dresses A, B, above mid-knee length, have darted bodice and skirt front pleats, side pockets, back zipper and hemline slit, topstitch trim. A: cap sleeves. I made version B with some design alterations.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Mostly, except for what I changed.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Pretty easy, I like the way that the lining was inserted.

Fabric Used: Stretch cotton sateen from Joann's, but that was not the first choice. Fully lined in bemberg.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I changed the neckline to a capped shoulder/boatneck. This was fairly easy to do once I had the anterior shoulder and posterior shoulder measurements and the total circumference. As the pattern calls for the shoulder seam to bisect the arm, for the alteration I wanted to maintain a smoother finish and moved the seam to the back. This worked out very well. The on seam pockets and pleats are great and appropriately placed.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?Yes, but for my self!

Conclusion: She has already worn the dress with rave reviews. Comfortable & fabulous if I don't say so myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails