30.4.10

Beads, crystals and belts, oh my!

I've been posting about preparing for alumni weekend. I worked out the fabric issue and picked a pattern to use as the foundation for the dress. I braved the masses and went to the new H&M store and found a very cute tote for $17.95. It has the bow accent that is also very popular right now. In previous posts, I have mentioned making a belt inspired by the bib necklaces which are becoming rapidly mainstream. (Now available at Express in various colors & styles)

Traipsing to my local Micheal's, I looked for the necessary materials: felt, beads, little flowers, etc. Still needing some extra items, I went to The Bead Room in Durham, NC. It is a wonderful store with an interesting history to it. There I got a few different kinds of beads to at to my belt.


a) gray stone beads b) clear glass beads c) silver filigree flowers d) cherry crystal beads e) gold filigree leaves f) peacock baroque pearls g) textured metal beads

I also cut out felt pieces like leaves and circles and I'll see what I can do with it. Stay tuned. ~HLS

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails